1 Day Menopause Retreat – York, Yorkshire
February 22, 2020
BOOK NOW WITH A DEPOSIT OF ONLY £19.90!
During our 1 Day Menopause Retreat, you will meet specialists qualified in all aspects of the menopause and have the opportunity to share your experiences with other like-minded women, so that you leave feeling empowered and positive about this significant life transition!
Come alone, or bring your sister or friend also going through menopause or perimenopause.
What to Expect
- An introduction from your host and an opportunity to meet your fellow retreat participants.
- A Yoga class suitable for all levels with our yoga expert, who will explain how yoga can benefit you during the menopause and beyond.
- A discussion with our menopause nurse about the physiology of menopause and medical symptom management, with plenty of time for Q&As.
- A session with our nutritional therapist where we explore the impact of food and diet during our menopausal years and learn how we can make simple positive changes, to ensure that we feed our body what it needs during this time.
- An introduction to the psychology of menopause, and how you can manage your symptoms using psychological techniques.
In addition to lunch, refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
About the Venue
Middlethorpe Hall is a perfect William and Mary country house built around 1700, and provides a beautiful venue for this 1 Day retreat. The hall was built for Thomas Barlow, a prosperous master cutler, and features a blend of mellow red brick with stylish panelled interiors.
It has been elegantly decorated in the manner of the 18th Century and furnished with antiques and fine paintings, so that its look and ambiance is that of a well-kept, well-furnished private manor house.
It is situated in 20 acres of gardens that have been extensively restored and replanted since the property was acquired in 1980 and has won a number of gold awards from “Yorkshire in Bloom” and the ‘White Rose’ award.
Retreat Franchisee – Giselle Walker, Yorkshire
Giselle lives in West Yorkshire with her husband Sy. They have a grown-up Son and a grandson. Giselle has worked within the Sales Industry and also runs her own beauty clinic. Many of her clients are going through menopause, and she believes that Fountain Retreats is the perfect opportunity to gather together to discuss and help those who can often feel isolated.
She has a caring and understanding nature and loves to meet, help and get to know people. With her bubbly personality and very positive outlook, her cup is always half full never half empty.